I'm doing a presentation for a class called "technology and society" (in 4th year engineering, of all things)
I was wondering if I could get some help with my topic:
"The Newschool Revolution: How Twin Tips Transformed Ski Culture"
Essentially I'm going to show ski culture before/after twins were developed to show that there's been a huge shift
I need some of the following media to help me out (and i've already hit google pretty hard):
1. Clip from Ski Movie 2: High Society where Douglas takes the piss out of gangsta new school style
2. Clips from old school movies showing fashion, tricks, music, mentality
3. Articles, movie clips, anything really that shows backlash towards new school skiing. Essentially any evidence that some people think new school skiing is detrimental to ski culture.
4. Pics of you guys all steeeeeezed out with bling and everythang (actually any decent indicator of new school fashion, doesn't have to be ridiculous)
5. Articles, or your own comments on why skiing's revolution has benefited ski culture.
6. Books that document ski life before/after twin tips.
These are just ideas, feel free to post whatever you think reinforces the change.
Really appreciate the help!