Yes I searched, and yes there was a thread on it, but not in the Site Discussion forum. If I bump the other one it will be gone off the front page in 3 hours so I'm making a new one here.
I have many complaints, and hopefully, many solutions.
1. When you list reviews for Skis (as well as other things) often it will list a ski, for instance an Armada AR6, and beside it will be a rating a 0 and a listing of zero reviews. Why does a review show up on the list if no one has made one yet?
2. Overlap of reviews with different names. For instance, Armada ar6, Armada AR6, Armada AR6 176. This has to be streamlined. When adding a review there has to be a "Size" feature that you can enter in. There already is one for the "Year". It doesn't really make a difference for outerwear, but difference size skis perform differently. This would also reduce overlap and create a more accurate review for the product. Those 3 Armada AR6s would be listed under one product averaging the rating instead of have 3 "different" products reviewed.
3. No edit feature. I personally made a review and want to add/change some content. Yes I could post it in the comment section underneath (and I have) but it would be better if it were in the main body of the review.
4. Bullshit reviews. Moderators have to be able to delete this crap. Personally I think the offenders should be banned for a month for writing these offences, but I can live with just deleting them. A review of a ski you just bought and have never mounted less actually skied is not a review.
4a. Moderators should be able to change the title of the review in order for "Armada AR6" and "Armada ar6 176" to fall under the same name.
5. Rated reviews. You can rate pictures, why not reviews? There are a shit load of reviews out there that are only so-so. Why not rate them and have the top rated reviews featured on the main page instead of just the top rated ones (Cause apparently everything is a 10).
6. Please fill in your reviewer profile. The more in depth the better. Everything helps when someone is reading your review, especially in the area of what equipment you have used to compare it to.
7. More frequent updating of the "Featured Reviews" is neccessary. And no, this is not an opportunity to shamefully promote NS product.
The review section has promise. There are little things here and there that need to be fixed but this can be useful. A more prominent position on the front page would help as well. I encourage everyone to take the time and review the gear you have. Everyone on here has a pair of skis, if not 2 or more and there are a total of like 99 reviews for skis, will a bunch of them being dead. The more people who use this, the more some of these 10s will start turning into 9.5s and then 9s, and then 8.66 or whatever. Most of us aren't sponsored (or have to please our editors sponsors *ahem* freeskier) so this should work.
Please discuss and add all complaints/suggestions you think would improve the feature.