Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post.
Register to become a member today!
Ipod and mac questions?
hey guys i just got a brand new macbook and i was wonderin what was the easiest and best way to transfer my old songs on my Ipod which are on a PC and a PC formatted Ipod to change them over to a Mac format? so i can play them on my new computer?
also i was wondering how i get some of the pictures from this website...because some of the pictures show up as a small box with a question mark and i was wondering how i could view this pictures and how i could make one of these pictures as my bacground?
thanks for your time and sorry for being such a newb...
"I ride fat twins"
"can anyone do a backflip, im new to two tip skis"
for getting the songs off your ipod onto your mac there are a bunch of programs that will do it for you. I thin k one of them is called pod rip. it works pretty good. as for the pictures, i am not sure...they seem to load on my mac.
yes i am quite aware of my wonderful typing skillz. J-WHAT!
i also just got a new mac. here's how i switched my music from my pc to my mac.
1. plugged in my ipod, and clicked on preferences and selected "enable disk use" or something similar to that.
2. i located and selected the folders of the artists of the songs that i wanted, and copied them.
3. i opened up "my computer" and found my ipod as a folder.
4. I made a new folder, called "Shane's files", opened that folder, and pasted the songs in there. it took quite a while to copy them.
5. once that was done, i EJECTED my ipod from itunes (VERY IMPORTANT)
6. I plugged my ipod into my mac, and it asked me if i wanted to switch it to this library, SELECT NO.
7. I found the ipod on my desktop, found the files, and copied and pasted them into my music folder.
Simple as that. let me know if you have any problems. BTW, Mac cult anyone?
insert witty comment here
Dude, its not really important at all.
The easiest way (this is assuming you have your iTunes library stored on your PC not just your iPod) is to put your iPod into disk mode and drag your music folder onto it. Then just plug it into your mac. You might have to erase the music from your iPod to do that but it doesnt take that long to reupdate. Also DON'T reformat the iPod for mac unless you only plan on using it on a mac.
Oh. Well one time i did it without ejecting and and it fucked up my iPod. Better safe than sorry eh?
insert witty comment here
All times are Eastern (-4)