OK i'll lay out the steps for you. I'm an expert at building makeshift jumps if I do say so myself.
1. Pile snow. Make it about 2 feet wider and 2 feet taller than you want it to be.
2. Hard pack the takeoff of the jump. That is the most important part.
3. Make sure the back has a good support. It shouldn't be flat 90 degrees down.
4. Pack the jump down on all its surfaces and make sure the sides are straight and have good support on that.
5. Hard pack the takeoff again. Then be sure to extra hard pack the lip. That will create a curve that will give you a bit more pop. (that's what I do at least and I get at least 5 feet more air than a normal)
6. Slide your skis up and down the takeoff to smooth it out.
7. Put pressure on it to make sure it is secure.
8. Hard-pack your in-run and make an area to hike in that is AT LEAST 5 FEET AWAY FROM THE IN-RUN!!!
9. Hard pack everything once more.
10. If you need to soften it up, throw a bit of snow on the takeoff.
1. Be sure to test the jump to see if it has already a good landing, and mark where you land.
2. Pile a shitload of snow 2 feet before the spot where you landed. You want to be sure to have the landing wide and long.
3. Hard pack the jump progressively, more so at the latter part of the landing rather than the top.
4. Pile more snow onto the beginning of the landing.
5. Hard pack it all. Be sure to have a little softness in there so you don't land on ice.
6. Make sure the landing flows smoothly into the rest of the run.
7. Shape the landing by cutting sides with the blade of the shovel, and hard packing in the sides and back.
8. Smooth out the landing using your skis.
9. Step on the landing to make sure that it will hold up.
10. Test it, and shape it to where and how you will land.
Continually fix your takeoffs and landings throughout the sessioning.
HIGH NORTH SESSION 3
PM me for a customizable sticker
The Chill Lounge
"Melt the Internet literally causes the Earth to rotate off axis AKA a corked rotation and causes the polar ice caps to melt and then it'll eventually melt the internet too, since the internet is made of ice." - freezy