Wow, its been 6 years since I first discovered this site. that's a long time. I remember because I was a senior in high school and it was during a break between lunch and my next class that I just happened to stumble upon a neat skiing site that was linked to the FreeRideZone.com (very cool website). There wasnt much on it at the time, just an ugly blue background and a lot of backflip mutes. But there was cool trick names.
In the six years that I have been "midwest_rep" on NS I have:
- never changed or updated my profile
- lived on 2 different continents
- gone to 2 different colleges on different ends of the country
- written 2 thesis papers and recieved 2 degrees
- lived in 4 states
- lived in a dorm, 3 apartments, 1 host family, and 1 house
- had the following jobs: landscape labor, Pepsi product distribution assistant, YMCA Day camp counselor, Keebler Merchendiser, Keystone Ski Instructor, BASS shoe salesman, Factory worker, and I now work in a Cancer Research Lab.
- tried 8 different kinds of drugs
- been caught using 1 kind of drug
- had 2 serious girlfriends
- purchased only 2 new pair of skis (still have my old yellow 1080s)
- had best friends from Japan, Scotland, England, Chile, Argentina
- Changed my life plan from being an author to ski bum to journalism to Classical studies PhD to medical school
- Skied mountains in 3 different countries and in 7 different states
- Watched and memorize every episode of Family Guy and Futurama
- Gotten so drunk that I didn't remember starting to drink in the first place
- Learned how easy it is to take control of life and make it what you want it to be.
Also, one time I pooped so much in this girl's toilet that it plugged it up and I was too embarrased to say anything so I just left and never spoke to her again.